‘Why Europe?’ is our very big theme for this visit. Mount, Millthorpe and Phillip-Melancthon Gymnasium students have been working for weeks on this theme. On Sunday they will be making short films on the theme, with the following sub-questions:
– Why do people support /oppose the EU?
– How does Germany influence culture in the rest of Europe?
– How does Europe influence German culture?
– How does the Brandenburg Gate symbolise a united and divided Europe?
– How does remembrance help / hinder the EU?
Do you have any views or ideas you could share with us? If so, please comment on this blogpost and we will incorporate your ideas into our work.
Meanwhile, this evening we have been out to a Christmas market after walking out past the Berliner Dom, Museum Insel and Bebelplatz. Here are a few pictures!